First off: Happy New Year! I hope that you had a fabulous New Years!
When I think about it, I’m quite happy with most of the recipes I have tried and posted in 2011. I feel like I’ve learned a lot and expanded my repertoire – from making food for the Daniel Fast I did last January to lots of vegan baking and learning more about raw “cooking” through April in the Raw.
I also feel like I improved my food photography – I made the conscious decision to focus on taking photos of the finished product instead of taking photos all throughout the process like I have previously. I felt particularly inspired by Jenn of Jenn Cuisine and by Dario of Food Pixels, especially in the idea of creating an environment for your food instead of just photographing the food by itself.
I’m looking forward to trying even more new things and hopefully continuing to improve my photography!
Now onto my top 11 recipes of 2011 based on page views. Most of them I’m pretty happy with how they turned out and I hope that you will, too!
1. Vegan Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake – I made these for Easter dessert with Mr. Bean’s family.
2. Strawberry Cheesecake Raw Cake Pops – made for the raw cake pop challenge. I actually got in the top three! 🙂
3. Vegan, Gluten and Refined Sugar Free Pecan Pie Bars – a perfect healthy alternative to traditional pecan pie.
4. Gluten and Refined Sugar Free Raspberry Bars – made just because. My brother asked for them for his birthday because he liked them so much.
5. Raw Tropical Carrot Cake with Cheesecake “Icing” – my submission for “April in the Raw” and it opened my eyes the world of raw cooking – it’s not all corny like in Raw Rose’s cookbook!
6. Mostly Raw Gluten Free Vegan Coconut Tarts with Berries – another (mostly) raw dessert. They are best served cold!
7. Vegan, Gluten Free Potato Bread – for a while I thought that I could save money by making my own bread (and you can). This bread was absolutely delicious and worked really well. I stopped making my own bread as I just didn’t have the time or inclination to do it every week or so.
8. Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Birthday Cupcakes with Cashew Icing – made for Iris’s birthday food challenge. The icing was particularly delicious!
10. Vegan, Gluten and Soy Free Chive Garlic Cornbread – I just felt like making a variation of the egg and dairy filled cornbread that Mr. Bean likes to make. It was super tasty and quite nice looking!
11. Vegan Banana Almond Flour Pancakes – These pancakes were tasty, but I really need to remake them as I need to find some way to get almond flour and bananas to set without eggs. Any suggestions?
There you have it – the top 11 recipes from 2011 by popularity! I’m quite pleased with pretty much all of the recipes I shared this year and I’m looking forward to trying lots more in 2012!
It’s hard to say what my absolute favourite recipe of all 2011 was. I think the recipe I’m the most proud of are the raw cake pops as I essentially created the coating all by myself and they were amazingly tasty! (For the record, I LOVE raw cashews. They are pretty much my favourite nut.)
What’s your most favourite recipe you made this year?