Amy has TONS of delicious recipes like Bacon-Wrapped Manchego + Mango Chutney-Stuffed Dates, Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta and Garlic, Bete Noire (Flourless Chocolate Cake), Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars and Chocolate Avocado Pudding.
The tart turned out really well and in my not-so humble opinion, is a perfect fall dessert! Mr. Bean kept commenting how good it smelled while I was making it and while it was baking and the end product definitely didn’t disappoint! It was super tasty and had a perfect light texture!
Since it’s naturally gluten free, I only made a few modifications. I used almond flour instead of grinding whole blanched almonds and reduced the amount of sugar to 2/3 c. from 3/4c.
Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Pear Tart
Scant 1 c. ofAlmond Meal/Flour
2/3 c. sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 c. dairy free margarine (or butter) + extra for pan
1 /3 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. Apple Jelly
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9in removable bottom tart pan with margarine.
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix together the almond flour and sugar.
- Add eggs, margarine, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Scrape into tart into pan and smooth out.
- Peel pears and cut into 12 pieces. Rub with lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
- Arrange pear slices on chocolate mixture, so they slightly overlap. Don’t press in.
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 45-50 minutes until tart is puffy and a toothpick inserted into the centre of the chocolate mixture comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely.
- Heat jelly in microwave or stove until liquified. Gently brush pears with jelly. Let set for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove tart from pan and serve.
What is your favourite non-pumpkin fall dessert?