For June’s Secret Recipe Club, I was paired with Kim of Feed Me, Seymour. Kim claims she’s a reformed kitchen failure, which I find hard to believe given her wonderful array of recipes and how she now works as a food editor for a regional publication! She’s an awesome example of how anyone can learn to cook and be proficient in the kitchen!
For once, it wasn’t difficult for me to choose what I wanted to make. It’s been pretty hectic in my world lately, so I knew I wanted something simple. When I saw Kim’s grilled caramelized pineapple, I knew I had a winner!
Mine didn’t actually caramelize given that I didn’t use butter or brown sugar, but they were still delicious nonetheless! If you can have butter and brown sugar, I definitely recommend doing it that way!
Grilled Caramelized Pinapple
1 pineapple, sliced into rings
2 tbsp. butter (I used coconut oil)
4 tbsp. brown sugar (I used a mixture of coconut sugar and maple syrup)
- Preheat grill to 400F. Brush oil onto grill to ensure it’s non-stick.
- While grill is preheating, mix together fat & sugar.
- Place pineapple on the grill & brush both sides with butter mixture.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes (or 10 on the upper grill) until pineapple starts to brown and sugar caramelizes.
- Flip pineapple and brush other side with glaze. Cook for 5 (or 10) minutes until fruit browns and caramelizes.
Please check out the rest of group D’s recipes below!