Almost two weeks ago, I started a new job at an engineering firm. A lot has happened since then:
- I had to redo my petroleum safety course as well as H2S Alive. H2S is nasty stuff that can kill you very easily if you’re not careful.
- I’ve started working on a gas plant expansion. It’s pretty neat and a very large project, so making the schedule for it is kind of crazy (especially when you don’t know how long things generally take.)
- I’ve had my work computer crash and lost some work, which I wasn’t impressed with. At least it was only 1.5 weeks of work instead of months. Lesson learned: save everything to the network!
- We celebrated two different friends 30th birthdays. Mr. Bean is next, so soon it’s time to start scheming about what to do for his.
- I threw a baby shower for one of my very good friends. It was really cute and everyone seemed to have a good time, so I’m pleased with that. Some pictures of decorations and stuff will come later!
- I haven’t taken very many photos at all – I’ve been focusing on work, eating, exercise and sleeping, so there isn’t much brain power left for creativity at the moment. Maybe now that the baby shower is over it will get better – I don’t want my camera to start catching cobwebs!
What have you been up to over the last week and a bit?