…105 days late, but that’s apparently the way it goes now that I’ve started working. Some of them have been completed in the last little bit, but I’m okay with that as I’m happy that at least I’m doing something with this. Interesting how one’s expectations lowers when they don’t have time.
Start Date: May 16th, 2009
End Date: February 11th, 2012
1. Make a Tiered Cake Finished June 2009 in the Wilton 3 class.
2. Complete all four Wilton Cake Decorating Classes (4/4) Finished July 2009. See my cakes here.
3. Create my own cake recipe from scratch that my whole family can eat It wasn’t directly a recipe from scratch, but I made a version of this carrot cake for my brother’s wedding that was gluten, soy, dairy, egg and cinnamon free and wasn’t mush. Win! Complete May 2012.
4. Create a mini recipe book of my favourite recipes using photo in press. I made a mini recipe book for my grandpa, who is a celiac for Christmas 2009 using Staples printing centre. I want to make another actually using photo-in-press or blurb.
5. Make a complete meal from my Cretan Cookbook – Hasn’t been done.
6. Get a light to help take food photos at night with It’s not an actual photography light – it’s a full spectrum light my mom gave me behind a large piece of paper. The idea is that the paper makes the light source larger, which results in a more diffuse light, which is better for taking food photos. It’s not perfect, but it definitely beats using my kitchen lights!
7. Learn how to use my dSLR camera completely on manual Proficient by October 2010.
8. Print and hang one of my photos November 2010 – Some of my photos are hanging in our bedroom.
9. Do a photoshoot with someone (bridal, wedding, family, etc.) August 2010 – took photos of a vow renewal at my parent’s church. Since then, I have taken many photos for friends, my brother and I have been asked to photograph my friend’s wedding this summer. Exciting!
10. Arrange a bouquet of flowers and give it to someone
11. Clean and sort storage under the stairs Completed October 2010.
12. Buy new shelves for our office Completed July 2010, courtesy of IKEA. Pictures to come.
13. Keep clothes off the floor of my closet for a month (0/30) Hahaha. Yeah, hasn’t happened.
14. Donate a bag of clothes to Goodwill once a year (3/3) Donated one bag in August 2009, another in July 2010 and another sometime in fall 2011.
15. Vacuum once a week
(0/143) (4/58) Yeah, this definitely didn’t happen.
16. Decorate our living room We got some more shelves, added some pictures and organized the shelves to display things better and got rid of things that were messy. That’s decorating enough for me.
17. Re-grout bathtub Mr. Bean did this sometime Spring 2010.
18. Dust once a month
(0/32) (1/13) Definitely also didn’t happen. Apparently I’m terrible at cleaning (unsurprising!)
Keep my plant alive for at least a year (0/365) Grow Herbs/Plants on my deck and keep them alive all summer – I totally did this! I was sad when winter came and I didn’t have any fresh herbs anymore.
20. Buy a chair for our living room I have not done this as I’m not convinced that there is space.
22. Get my food allergies/intolerances retested Hasn’t happened. I tried to figure out what I was allergic to myself but I haven’t been dedicated enough to do a full elimination diet. Maybe soon?
23. Do a cleanse I bought a week long herbal cleanse thing only to realize that it has licorice root in it, something that I am allergic to. I am going to consider my Daniel Fast as a Cleanse as it essentially was that. Completed February 2011.
24. Stop having to take medication (0/2) Nope, still on them!
25. Get my eyes retested Hasn’t happened yet.
26. Get a physical Completed June 2010.
27. Get a massage Even though I now have benefits, I haven’t done it yet. How embarrassing.
28. Get a facial I haven’t done this as I don’t want to exacerbate my acne issues.
29. Take my vitamins everyday for a month (31/31) Completed January 2011.
30. Be a vegetarian for a week I went vegan for three weeks during my Daniel Fast. Completed February 2011.
31. Replace bike tires I got a new bike – I think that’s one way to replace tires.
32. Participate in a bike race I didn’t do a race, but I did do a sweet bike trip in the mountains.
33. Go cross country skiing Completed December 2009.
35. Golf at least twice a year (3/6) We went twice in 2009 and once in 2010 – I haven’t done it since.
36. Go hiking at least 3 times a year (8/8) I’ve gone hiking with Mr. Bean to the Ink Pots in July 2010, up the Stanley Glacier Trail with my sister in July 2010, went on a backpacking trip with my mum in August 2010. I did tons of hiking in the summer of 2011.
37. Attend a Calgary Flames Game (not in the nose bleed section) Hasn’t happened. Maybe if they were better? haha.
Take Social 2 and 3 ballroom dance lessons (We took Social 2 this last year. It is debatable whether or not we will go to Social 3 as the instructor kind of took the fun out of it.) Continue to take social dance lessons year round (7/7) Took dance lessons at the YMCA almost all year round since then.
39. Swim 40 laps Completed September 2009.
40. Do 50 pushups in a row I can do 50 pushups, but not in a row. I can do two sets of 20 and a set of 10. I’m working on it.
41. Finish counselling Nope – I still need to go and get benefit from it.
42. Read my bible everyday for a year (0/365) I try to read my devotionals everyday, but I’m not always successful.
43. Take a day to relax four times a year (1/11) I took a lazy day with Mr. Bean February 12, 2011.
44. Meditate every day for a month (30/30) I did this spring 2011.
45. Share the Gospel with someone Done at CUPS January 2011.
46. Be brave and give a testimony at church I’ve done it twice! Once in August 2009, and once in June 2010.
47. Start a prayer journal and write in it for a month (0/30)
48. Write a devotional
49. Attend a prayer vigil Completed August 2010 in the 21 Days of Prayer.
50. Read 5 Christian books (1/5) The Good and Beautiful Community by James Bryan Smith
51. Have a date night every month (17/32)
52. Have lunch/coffee with my best friend at least once a month (32/32) Honestly, I didn’t keep track, but we have done something pretty much every single month since then.
53. Host a dinner party Completed June 2010 – We had some friends over for dinner for Mr. Bean’s Birthday.
54. Throw a birthday party for someone Completed June 2010 – see number 53.
55. Write a letter and send a CD of photos to my Russian pen-pal I haven’t, but I did connect with her on facebook, which is essentially the same thing. 😛
56. Have a girls night out every second month (16/16) It may not have been on this exact schedule, but we have gone out dancing a fair amount and have had movie nights and clothing exchanges. Fun!
58. Invite both sets of parents over for dinner (0/2)
59. Watch 10 of Mr. Bean’s favourite movies (8/10) 1. Transformers (1984), 2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 3. Blazing Saddles, 4. Young Frankenstein, 5. Batman Begins, 6. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, 7. Star Wars Episodes 3-6, 8. Robin Hood Men in Tights, 9. Logan’s Run, 10. Tron.
60. Write a letter every 2 months to our sponsor child (12/16) Hasn’t really happened, but I do my best.
61. Complete my Chemical Engineering degree Completed April 2010.
63. Update my resume yearly (3/3) I got a job with my updated resume in December 2012.
64. Attend a one-on-one resume writing session September 2010.
65. Take a career aptitude test Nope.
66. Put 10% of income into savings (19/32)
67. Open an RRSP
68. Tithe 10% of income (32/32) We’ve been quite good at this.
69. Create a budget and follow it for at least a month (0/30)
70. Spreadsheet expenses like Mr. Bean for a month (30/30) I tried to track expenses for a month and then failed.
71. Join bank accounts with Mr. Bean
72. See a financial planner
73. Open a safety deposit box
74. Write a will Completed February 2010.
75. Change my name on my passport Completed February 2010.
76. Something exciting that is yet to be determined
77. Not get pregnant (note: I do want to have kids, just not in the next 1001 days)
78. Get my engagement ring and wedding band soldered together Completed January 2011.
79. Visit my German exchange partner Completed May 2010.
80. Go on a “minimoon” with Mr. Bean We’ve gone to Field for a few weekends
82. Visit Mr. Bean’s family back east Completed August 2010.
83. Go somewhere in Alberta I’ve never been to before Completed August 2010.
84. Go somewhere in Canada I’ve never been to before Completed August 2010.
85. Volunteer outside of church 4 times a year (12/12) I volunteered a lot in 2010: I have helped in ENGG Week, at the career fair, and at CUPS a few times a week since November 2010.
86. Invite bible study group over for dinner
87. Volunteer at Inn from the Cold
88. Volunteer at a stampede breakfast Completed July 2009.
89. Donate $100 of supplies to CUPS I haven’t donated supplies but I did volunteer there for almost 8 months, so that almost counts.
90. Attend a Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra symphony
91. Attend a wine tour
92. Buy 10 classical music CDs and listen to them (7/10) I am now the proud owner of 5 CDs that contain all of Beethoven’s Symphonies and 2 CDs with Mozart’s “greatest hits” on them. Mr. Bean can attest that I really enjoy all of them!
93. Visit a museum I’ve never been to The motor museum in Motala, Sweden in May 2010.
94. Watch ten international films (0/10)
95. Go to ten restaurants I’ve never been to before. 1. The Belgo in Downtown Calgary, 2. Una Pizzeria in Calgary (with delicious gluten free pizza), 3. The Bella Notta in Motala, 4. The Smaka in Gothenburg, 5. Dom Trappulen in Uppsala, 6. & 7. Two Restaurants in Fussen that I don’t remember what they are called, 8. The Restaurant at the Steigenberger Hotel in Frankfurt 9. Melissa’s MisSteak in Banff 10. Brewsters in Calgary
96. See a play/musical Saw Beauty and the Beast in December 2011.
97. Read 10 books (4/10) 1. Healing the Shame that Binds You, 2. The Boundaries Book, 3. Sarah’s Key 4. Pride and Prejudice 5. Who turned off my brain? 6. Have a new husband by Friday 7.
98. Spend an afternoon in a coffee shop
99. Redesign my blog appearance. Completed October 2010.
100. Read a textbook or scientific journal for fun
101. Learn how to use CAD or a similar design program I learned how to use photoshop. I don’t think I’m going to learn how to use AutoCAD as I’m now an engineer, not a drafter.
Completed 60/101 by May 26, 2012
Not bad, especially considering that I kind of forgot that I did this for a long time!
Did you do the 101 in 1001? How did it go?