These are totally late for cinco de Mayo, but they are so good that they can be eaten any day of the year. (Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself to justify posting this recipe so late.)
BUT they really are that good – I commented to Mr Bean that I could eat the mango salsa everyday and be a happy woman, to which he replied “what happened if you ate all the mangoes in the world?” Well, I’d probably be tired of it then, but thankfully there are a lot of mangoes in the world and it should never get to that point!
Needless to say these were very good and pretty simple: cook fish, make salsa, cut avocado, warm tortillas and put together. You can use any kind of fish you want – I used salmon.
Gluten and Dairy Free Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
1 lb fish fillet (I used salmon)
Tex mex seasoning ( or a blend of oregano, onion powder, chilli powder and salt)
4 corn tortillas
Cucumber or cabbage for garnish, could probably use cilantro as well
- Preheat oven or bbq to 400F. Create a pan out of tin foil by folding the edges in to fit the size of fish.
- Rinse fish off in water, pat dry with paper towels and place on tin foil. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cook fish until cooked throughout and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas in a frying pan until warm and pliable.
- Cut fish into 4 pieces and place on tortillas. Squeeze lime juice over fish.
- Top with slices of avocado, mango salsa and thinly sliced or spiralized cucumber or cabbage.
1 large or 2 small green onions
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Zest of 1/2 a line
- Dice mango into small pieces, slice tomatoes into quarters and slice green onions and place in a bowl.
- Add lime zest, sprinkle with salt and pepper and squeeze lime juice over it.
- Mix until combined.
What’s something that you could eat everyday?