Do you like kale? I’m really starting to, especially since it doesn’t appear to bother Mr. Bean too much and it’s something different from my usual leafy green spinach. I’ve made this salad a few times – the flavours really complement each other very well (sweet grapes + tangy dried cranberries + savoury pecans + slightly bitter kale + salt = delicious!) and it comes together in about 5 minutes. Easy and healthy – the best kind of salads!
Easy Kale Salad with Grapes, Cranberries and Pecans
1 small bunch of kale per person
Handful of grapes, sliced in half
1 – 2 tbsp. pecans per person
Kosher or Sea Salt
- Wash kale and rip into bit-sized pieces off of stem and stick in a steamer or pot with a small amount of water at the bottom.
- Steam kale until it just turns bright green. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, toast pecans in a frying pan until fragrant.
- Place kale in a bowl and top with grapes, dried cranberries and pecans.
- Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Enjoy by itself or with your favourite sandwich!
What is your favourite type of salad?