I am filled with so much gratitude towards my husband, Mr. Bean. I’m grateful that he married me, loves me and puts up with me and all my idiosyncrasies. This month, in honour of Thanksgiving, the ladies over at Newlywed Bliss are hosting a husband gratefulness challenge. I thought I’d also throw in some photos I took at Mr. Bean’s brother’s wedding in May that I don’t think I’ve shared for this week’s Gratefulness themed Good to Wow: Shoot and Edit. 🙂
Mr Bean, I am so grateful that:
- You waited an extra 25 minutes after my photography course tonight for me to finish up despite being super tired and needing to go home.
- You listen to me vent about whatever is bothering me and resist giving me advice until I ask for it. I know that’s really hard for you!
- You eat whatever crazy creations I have made and are willing to try everything, including some pretty weird vegetarian meals, once.
- You remind me to lighten up when I’m being too serious and bogged down by stuff.
- You work extremely hard at everything you do and you do a great job of taking care of me.
- You fill up the car with gas after I’ve emptied most of it because of tutoring.
- You find amusement in the little things, especially when I don’t.
- You dress up for me even though you’d really rather not.
- You are so patient with me in everything even though you’re probably wanting to pull your hair out from frustration.
- You encourage me to do the things I am afraid of and to believe in myself more.
And because you’re awesome, here are two reasons more:
11. You tell me I’m beautiful when I feel ugly.
12. You put up with my photography craziness and let me take photos with you (especially all the self portraits here!)
What are you grateful for in your spouse/partner?
Please feel free to join in and post 10 things that you are grateful for in your spouse/partner!
My edits for this week’s Family themed Good to Wow: Shoot and Edit are pretty clean edits. You can see my originals here.
If you’ve ever taken photos of a large number of people, you know that it’s sometimes difficult to get a shot with everyone looking and with their eyes open! This shoot was no exception. So, I used a similar technique to Ashley’s to ensure that everyone’s eyes were open. Instead of overlaying the two images, I selected around the eyes or facial features that I wanted to transplant and then erased until it looked seamless. Both methods definitely have their pros and cons!
And the end result:
What is your favourite way to ensure that everyone’s eyes are open?
A few weeks ago, one of my really good friends asked me to take some photos of her family for Christmas. Yesterday we braved the cold and wind to take some awesome shots at the Bow Valley Ranch in Fish Creek Park – a place I never knew existed!
They were all so much fun to work with despite the cold! I love it when people have fun while I take photos of them! (Who doesn’t?)
What was the most exciting thing that happened to you this weekend?
This is my submission for this week’s family themed Good to Wow: Shoot and Edit!
I don’t know why I find this quote so entertaining, but I do. I think it fits all of us perfectly!
Click for Larger Photo
I made this is photoshop using clipping masks and ran Pioneer Woman’s “Colourized” action at 65% opacity. You can see my originals here.
To see the rest of the edits for this week’s costume themed Good to Wow: Shoot and Edit, head over to Ashley’s blog!
I mentioned previously that I had spent a fair amount of time working on our Halloween costumes. What did we go as? Final Fantasy XII characters! I don’t expect any of you to know who they are (especially if you follow me on Pinterest and wonder why the heck I kept pinning all these crazy costumes), but I’m Ashe and Mr Bean was Balthier. Look and see for a comparison:
Not quite cosplay worthy, but pretty good, hey? Mr. Bean’s mum helped me with most of the sewing as I am not very good at it but I made all the armour out of craft foam, which was fairly time consuming! Fortunately for us, we were able to wear our costumes three times, which helps justifying the amount of time I spent on them. But I had fun, so it’s worth it anyways!
We have some pretty awesome friends who have some pretty awesome costumes. Apparently many of them want to shoot me (I count four):
A bunch of us are pretty silly as well:
You can't see it, but his rugby jersey from Wales says "Brains"
These two won best couple costume!
How was your Halloween? Did you go to any Halloween Parties?
The photos marked “Bean SOOC” are the original, unedited versions for this week’s Costume themed Good to Wow: Shoot and Edit.