I love banana bread and most other baking with bananas. When I realized the other day that I have never posted a banana bread recipe, I knew that had to be remedied. A few months ago someone asked me for an easy gluten free loaf recipe (and I forgot to give one to them – oops!), so now I have one that is super easy and very delicious! I managed to eat an embarrassingly large percentage of it, so I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did!
Gluten and Dairy Free Banana Bread
1 1/3 c. brown rice flour
1/3 c. tapioca starch
1/3 c. sorghum flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. xathan gum
1/2 c. dairy free margarine
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
4 -5 ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- Mash up bananas. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and xathan gum. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, cream together margarine and brown sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Add flour to banana mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 55 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the loaf comes out clean. It’s a good idea to check more than one spot as you may hit a banana chunk and think the loaf is underdone, when it actually isn’t.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and turn out on wire rack to complete cooling.
I know this recipe calls for a lot of bananas. In my opinion, the more bananas you use, the better it is!
What is your favourite banana baked good?