Bean’s Bison Burgers with Garlic Basil Buns
Garlic Basil Buns
Adapted from “The Everyday Gourmet” by Willie Fitzpatrick and recommended by my mum’s shinny friends.
1/2 c. each millet, white sorghum and rice flours
1/2 c. tapioca starch
1 tsp. xathan gum
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp each of baking powder and baking soda
1/4 c. fresh chopped basil
1/2 c. cold margarine or butter
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 c. milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
- Heat Oven to 325F.
- Line with paper or liberally grease and flour 6 jumbo muffin tins.
- Measure milk and add lemon juice. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients and basil.
- Grate margarine into flour mixture and mix.
- Combine garlic, eggs and milk and add to flour mixture.
- Mix well. Dough should be quite sticky.
- Spoon into muffin tins and cook approx. 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Turn out onto cooling rack and let cool.
1 lb. lean ground bison (or beef)
2 onions slices finely diced
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Form into four patties.
- Cook on BBQ.
- Once burgers are almost done, place cheese slices on patties to melt.
4 – 6 strips of bacon
Whatever else you feel like
- Cook bacon and mushrooms in separate pans until desired doneness.
Once everything is cooked, slice buns in half, make your burger and enjoy!
Here’s my burger:
Mr. Bean’s Burger: