I was bored on Monday, so I made some muffins in about 1/2 hour. They are so tasty and light – almost like “normal” muffins!
Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free Muffins
Adapted from the Joy of Cooking
1 c. Brown rice flour
1/3 c. Potato starch
1/3 c. Tapioca starch
1/3 c. millet
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/3 c. white sugar
2 large eggs
1 c. potato milk
1/3 c. plus a little canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
Cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line standard 12 muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together liquid ingredients in another bowl.
- Add liquid to dry mixture then blueberries. Mix with a few light strokes until the dry ingredients are just moistened. DO NOT over mix – the batter isn’t supposed to be smooth. (It will create tunnels if you over mix it!)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, if desired.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into 1 or 2 muffins comes out clean, about 17 minutes.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan. If not serving hot, let cool on a rack.
What is your favourite muffin recipe?