Mr. Bean is off at a work dinner, so I was all alone. I thought that I would share!
On the menu:
- Campbell’s Basil and Oregano Tomato Soup (Gluten free!)
- Spinach Salad
- Gluten, egg and dairy free bacon cornmeal biscuits
- Hand full of spinach
- Strawberry, sliced
- Mushroom, sliced
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Place spinach, strawberries and mushroom on a plate or a bowl
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a container and drizzle over salad. (I used approximately the same amount of each.)
Gluten, egg and dairy free bacon cornmeal biscuits
3/4 c. brown rice flour
1/4 c. white sorghum flour
1/4 c. potato starch
1/4 c. tapioca starch
1 tsp. sugar (optional)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. xathan gum
1/2 c. cornmeal
1/3 c. shortening
3 – 6 slices of bacon*, cooked and crumbled
1 egg substitute
3/4 c. potato milk
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Cook bacon, paper towel off all excess grease and crumble.
- Heat oven to 450F. Measure potato milk and apple cider vinegarand let sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Shift together flours, xanthan gum, salt, sugar and leavening agents.
- Mix in cornmeal into flours.
- Cut shortening into flours with a pastry blender until shortening is pea sized.
- Mix in bacon.
- Add in egg replacement and potato milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Knead dough quickly 8-10 times. Place on a floured board and pat out until about 1/2″ – 3/4″ thick.
- Cut into squares and then diagonally slice them in half.
- Put on a cookie sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Once biscuits are done, put in towel. Enjoy!
*Note, if you don’t want to use bacon, you can use ham, raisins, currents, cheese or whatever you can think of! I used bacon because I wanted some protein and it was the only meat readily available.