Start Date: May 16th, 2009
End Date: February 11th, 2012
Update: January 1, 2011
Update 2: February 13, 2011
1. Make a Tiered Cake Finished June 2009 in the Wilton 3 class.
2. Complete all four Wilton Cake Decorating Classes (4/4) Finished July 2009.
3. Create my own cake recipe from scratch that my whole family can eat
4. Create a mini recipe book of my favourite recipes using photo in press. I made a mini recipe book for my grandpa, who is a celiac for Christmas 2009 using Staples printing centre. I want to make another actually using photo-in-press or blurb.
5. Make a complete meal from my Cretan Cookbook
6. Get a light to help take food photos at night with
7. Learn how to use my dSLR camera completely on manual Proficient by October 2010.
8. Print and hang one of my photos November 2010 - Some of my photos are hanging in our bedroom.
9. Do a photoshoot with someone (bridal, wedding, family, etc.) August 2010 – took photos of a vow renewal at my parent’s church.
10. Arrange a bouquet of flowers and give it to someone
11. Clean and sort storage under the stairs Completed October 2010.
12. Buy new shelves for our office Completed July 2010, courtesy of IKEA. Pictures to come.
13. Keep clothes off the floor of my closet for a month (0/30)
14. Donate a bag of clothes to Goodwill once a year (2/3) Donated one bag in August 2009 and another in July 2010.
15. Vacuum once a week
(0/143) (4/58) I am restarting this on January 1, 2011 as I have not kept track.
16. Decorate our living room
17. Re-grout bathtub Mr. Bean did this sometime Spring 2010.
18. Dust once a month
(0/32) (1/13) See 15 above.
Keep my plant alive for at least a year (0/365) Grow Herbs/Plants on my deck and keep them alive all summer
20. Buy a chair for our living room
21. Keep weight under 163 lbs. I have for the most part up until now.
22. Get my food allergies/intolerances retested
23. Do a cleanse I bought a week long herbal cleanse thing only to realize that it has licorice root in it, something that I am allergic to. I am going to consider my Daniel Fast as a Cleanse as it essentially was that. Completed February 2011.
24. Stop having to take medication (0/2) One of my medications is starting to be reduced in January 2011.
25. Get my eyes retested
26. Get a physical Completed June 2010.
27. Get a massage
28. Get a facial
29. Take my vitamins everyday for a month (31/31) Completed January 2011.
30. Be a vegetarian for a week I went vegan for three weeks during my Daniel Fast. Completed February 2011.
31. Replace bike tires
32. Participate in a bike race
33. Go cross country skiing Completed December 2009.
35. Golf at least twice a year (3/6) We went twice in 2009 and once in 2010.
36. Go hiking at least 3 times a year (3/8) I’ve gone hiking with Mr. Bean to the Ink Pots in July 2010, up the Stanley Glacier Trail with my sister in July 2010, went on a backpacking trip with my mum in August 2010.
37. Attend a Calgary Flames Game (not in the nose bleed section)
Take Social 2 and 3 ballroom dance lessons (We took Social 2 this last year. It is debatable whether or not we will go to Social 3 as the instructor kind of took the fun out of it.) Continue to take social dance lessons year round (4/7)
39. Swim 40 laps Completed September 2009.
40. Do 50 pushups in a row I can do 50 pushups, but not in a row. I can do two sets of 20 and a set of 10. I’m working on it.
41. Finish counselling
42. Read my bible everyday for a year (0/365) I’m getting there – I am doing daily devotionals almost everyday.
43. Take a day to relax four times a year (1/11) I took a lazy day with Mr. Bean February 12, 2011.
44. Meditate every day for a month (0/30)
45. Share the Gospel with someone Done at CUPS January 2011.
46. Be brave and give a testimony at church I’ve done it twice! Once in August 2009, and once in June 2010.
47. Start a prayer journal and write in it for a month (0/30)
48. Write a devotional
49. Attend a prayer vigil Completed August 2010 in the 21 Days of Prayer.
50. Read 5 Christian books (1/5) The Good and Beautiful Community by James Bryan Smith
51. Have a date night every month (17/32)
52. Have lunch/coffee with my best friend at least once a month (12/32) Honestly, I haven’t been keeping track. I think we’ve met every month accept May and July 2010.
53. Host a dinner party Completed June 2010 – We had some friends over for dinner for Mr. Bean’s Birthday.
54. Throw a birthday party for someone Completed June 2010 – see number 53.
55. Write a letter and send a CD of photos to my Russian pen-pal I haven’t, but I did connect with her on facebook, which is essentially the same thing.
56. Have a girls night out every second month (5/16) This hasn’t happened as much as I was hoping. We did go out clubbing 4 times and had a girly movie night.
58. Invite both sets of parents over for dinner (0/2)
59. Watch 10 of Mr. Bean’s favourite movies (6/10) 1. Transformers (1984), 2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 3. Blazing Saddles, 4. Young Frankenstein, 5. Batman Begins, 6. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, 7. Star Wars Episodes 3-6, 8. Robin Hood Men in Tights, 9. Logan’s Run, 10. Tron.
60. Write a letter every 2 months to our sponsor child (8/16) I am trying to remember to write to her more often.
61. Complete my Chemical Engineering degree Completed April 2010.
63. Update my resume yearly (2/3)
64. Attend a one-on-one resume writing session September 2010.
65. Take a career aptitude test
66. Put 10% of income into savings (19/32)
67. Open an RRSP
68. Tithe 10% of income (19/32)
69. Create a budget and follow it for at least a month (0/30)
70. Spreadsheet expenses like Mr. Bean for a month (0/30)
71. Join bank accounts with Mr. Bean
72. See a financial planner
73. Open a safety deposit box
74. Write a will Completed February 2010.
75. Change my name on my passport Completed February 2010.
76. Something exciting that is yet to be determined
77. Not get pregnant (note: I do want to have kids, just not in the next 1001 days)
78. Get my engagement ring and wedding band soldered together Completed January 2011.
79. Visit my German exchange partner Completed May 2010.
80. Go on a “minimoon” with Mr. Bean
81. Go on a camping trip
82. Visit Mr. Bean’s family back east Completed August 2010.
83. Go somewhere in Alberta I’ve never been to before Completed August 2010.
84. Go somewhere in Canada I’ve never been to before Completed August 2010.
85. Volunteer outside of church 4 times a year (8/12) I volunteered a lot in 2010: I have helped in ENGG Week, at the career fair, and at CUPS a few times a week since November 2010.
86. Invite bible study group over for dinner
87. Volunteer at Inn from the Cold
88. Volunteer at a stampede breakfast Completed July 2009.
89. Donate $100 of supplies to CUPS
90. Attend a Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra symphony
91. Attend a wine tour
92. Buy 10 classical music CDs and listen to them (7/10) I am now the proud owner of 5 CDs that contain all of Beethoven’s Symphonies and 2 CDs with Mozart’s “greatest hits” on them. Mr. Bean can attest that I really enjoy all of them!
93. Visit a museum I’ve never been to The motor museum in Motala, Sweden in May 2010.
94. Watch ten international films (0/10)
95. Go to ten restaurants I’ve never been to before. 1. The Belgo in Downtown Calgary, 2. Una Pizzeria in Calgary (with delicious gluten free pizza), 3. The Bella Notta in Motala, 4. The Smaka in Gothenburg, 5. Dom Trappulen in Uppsala, 6. & 7. Two Restaurants in Fussen that I don’t remember what they are called, 8. The Restaurant at the Steigenberger Hotel in Frankfurt 9. Melissa’s MisSteak in Banff 10. Brewsters in Calgary
96. See a play/musical
97. Read 10 books (4/10) 1. Healing the Shame that Binds You, 2. The Boundaries Book, 3. Sarah’s Key 4. Pride and Prejudiced
98. Spend an afternoon in a coffee shop
99. Redesign my blog appearance. Completed October 2010.
100. Read a textbook or scientific journal for fun
101. Learn how to use CAD or a similar design program
Completed 39/101 by February 13, 2011