How is everyone’s Thursday (or Friday) going? I’m doing fairly well – I painted some baseboards (renos are ALMOST done!), went to the gym, took some selfies, prepared our slow cooker dinner (I’ve made this before and it’s delicious) and registered for a seminar at the beginning of May. This week has been a bit bizarre as I’m having difficulty keeping days straight. I think today is Wednesday and on Tuesday I thought the next day would be Sunday. Oh my. I hope you’re not as confused as I was! :P
Now here are the edits:
- In Lightroom, I first increased the exposure and brightness.
- Then I played around with saturation and vibrance: I decreased saturation to -70 and increased vibrance to +80.
- I then adjusted black and contrast.
- After increasing the exposure in lightroom, I opened up the photo in photoshop.
- Copy the background layer using “ctrl j” – you don’t want to edit the background as these will be destructive edits!
- I then copied the background again and labelled the layer “orange.” Using the magic wand (which selects things based on similar colours), with a tolerance of around 75, I selected all the orange on the label. Once all the orange was selected, I created a mask (the button that looks like a circle in a square on the layers menu).
- I then repeated the above step for the blue on the label – I didn’t do nearly as good of a job, but that’s okay. Adjust the tolerance used to ensure that you are getting all of what you want. Obviously, the larger the tolerance, the more it will select.
- Making the “orange” layer active, I went image–>adjustments–>replace colour. A menu will pop up, use the eye dropper to select what colours you want to change and you can play around with the hues/saturation/etc. until you find something that you like. I made my orange appear red. Note: This is a destructive edit, which means that you’re actually altering the pixels and cannot be removed like an adjustment layer.
- I then made the blue layer active and repeated the colour changing. There ended up being a ring of blue around the letters, so I opened up the replace colour menu again and darkened it so it appears more like a border around the letters.
Note: You do not have to make masks for this if you don’t want to – it depends on whether you only want part of the image or everything with that colour in the image changed.
- In Lightroom, I played around with the tone until the bread looked quite appetizing and cropped the photo to better fill the frame.
- I then opened it in photoshop and added text. I added a “stroke” outline to the letters by right clicking on the text layer–>blending options–>stroke.