Since the start of 2011, I’ve been in somewhat of an introspective mood. I graduated from university 8 months ago and I thought that I would have a job by now or at least have dealt with more of my issues. I really long while ago, I started a 101 in 1001 list. I realized that I haven’t updated (or even really looked at!) the list recently. Since I’ve been contemplating my plans and goals for 2011, I thought it would be appropriate to update it to get myself back on track at least in some regard.
Ones I have Completed:
7. Learn how to use my dSLR camera completely on manual. Completed October 2010 – I started learning how to really use my camera at the end of August. My first photography course helped me fill in the blanks about the things I didn’t get, like exposure compensation!
8. Print and hang one of my photos. November 2010 – Some of my photos are hanging in our bedroom.
9. Do a photoshoot with someone (bridal, wedding, family, etc.) August 2010 – A lady at my parent’s church asked me to photograph her vow renewal. It was a really good experience!
11. Clean and sort storage under the stairs. Finished October 2010.
64. Attend a one-on-one resume writing session. September 2010.
82. Visit Mr. Bean’s family back east. August 2010 – we went to Ontario for Mr. Bean’s cousin’s wedding and I got to meet a whole bunch of people from his family that I had never met before!
83. Go somewhere in Alberta I’ve never been to before. August 2010 – I visited my friend’s farm in central eastern Alberta. Never been there before!
84. Go somewhere in Canada I’ve never been to before. August 2010 – again, going to Ontario. I had never been to Ontario except for the Toronto Airport, but that doesn’t count.
95. Go to ten restaurants I’ve never been to before. 1. The Belgo in Downtown Calgary, 2. Una Pizzeria in Calgary (with delicious gluten free pizza), 3. The Bella Notta in Motala, 4. The Smaka in Gothenburg, 5. Dom Trappulen in Uppsala, 6. & 7. Two Restaurants in Fussen that I don’t remember what they are called, 8. The Restaurant at the Steigenberger Hotel in Frankfurt 9. Melissa’s MisSteak in Banff 10. Brewsters in Calgary.
99. Redesign my blog appearance. Completed October 2010 – aren’t the pink flowers pretty?
With that, I have completed 34/101
There are a few things that I have no been able to complete, so I should probably change them to something more attainable:
15. Vacuum once a week
(0/143) (1/58) I am restarting this on January 1, 2011 as I have not kept track.
18. Dust once a month
(0/32) (1/13) See 15 above.
Keep my plant alive for at least a year (0/365) (The plant lasted a grand total of two months. How’s that for a green thumb fail?) Grow Herbs/Plants on my deck and keep them alive all summer
Take Social 2 and 3 ballroom dance lessons (We took Social 2 in 2009-2010 with the University Ballroom Dance Club. We decided not to continue with this club or into Social 3 as the instructor kind of took the fun out of it.) Continue to take social dance lessons year round (4/7)
It’s kind of weird that I have just over 13 months to complete 66 tasks, but given that many of them are cumulative, it’s possible to get at least 80 or so done. Just being realistic.
If you’ve been doing the 101 in 1001, how is your progress?
If you are participating, please link up your list as I would like to read it! Thank you!