Ever just really wanted to make delicious cookies? Full of chocolately, oatmealy, cranberry goodness? Well, I’ve got the recipe just for you. It’s taken from 250 Gluten-Free Favorites by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt.
The cookies are soft, chewy and all around yummy. I definitely couldn’t eat just one.
White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries
1 1/2 . GF Oats
1 c. Brown rice flour (the actual recipe calls for amaranth flour, but I didn’t have any)
1/4 c. Tapioca starch
1/2 tsp. xathan gum
1/2 tsp. each of baking powder and baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. brown sugar (I used slightly less)
2/3 c. margarine, softened
2 tbsp. milk (we didn’t have any, so I used Riza rice milk)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. each of dried cranberries and white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together oats, flours, xathan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, brown sugar, margarine, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the rounded spoonful onto a cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 11 – 14 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and just set, depending on the size of your cookie and how crispy you want it to be.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
* I say Gluten Free if you use GF oats AND you’re able to eat them.